Thursday, January 2, 2014

First Stop - Ice Cubes

Our personal ice rink and ski trails
We finally made it to our first stop on the road. We have been celebrating the holidays with the grandparents in Colorado. There have been challenges with the RV plumbing and heating since the man of the place arrived here over 2 months ago. The plumbing is now repaired and hooked up to the water line and sewer dump. The central heat remains out of order. Not to fear, 2 small electric heaters are keeping us nice and toasty.


    
barn cat in training

 Now my trailer adventure begins. My propane heater is not working, so I intended to rely on electricity. However, with the RV already drawing quite a bit of electricity from the hookup, the addition of my plug blew the breaker. My trailer was frozen solid! As the man of the place worked to install a new breaker and an additional RV hookup, I was/am helping care for the grands, skiing and ice skating on the frozen river with Yak and organizing our stuff inside the trailer, as repairs took longer than expected and I didn't have time to do it before we left. God has mercy, though. We were all warm and cozy in the grands guest room over Christmas and by New Year's Eve, Yak and I were sleeping in the RV and coming in to help with the grands during the day. A small electric heater is keeping the trailer thawed and up to about 50 degrees - a bit too chilly for sleeping. 


Fortunately, the sun has warmed us up to the upper 30's the last few days, which, unfortunately, melted the snow too much for skiing and the ice too much for skating. Therefore, I don't have any cool skating or skiing pics to post right now.

The welcome mat's out
 I am also looking forward to joining the local Catholic church choir, starting Sunday. Apparently, I will not be the only part-timer in the choir, so I will be in good company.

Ranch dog enjoying life on the road
Hope your holidays were wonderful. Our first ones in our new full-time RVing life sure were! 

If you liked this post, you might also enjoy:

Countdown to Launch
    

Judy's Bracelets
A Catholic Traveling
    
Wild Horses of Route 66

No comments: